Spring is right around the corner and for many that means spring cleaning will soon be underway as well. If de-cluttering and reorganizing your office is on your list of areas to pay some attention to, here are some ideas that may help.
- It’s hard to be objective when you’re in the middle of it all. Take a photo of your workspace so you can see your trouble spots and get a clearer idea of what areas to tackle.
- Start from scratch. Clear everything off your desk and re-evaluate what you have and how often you use things. Does that 3 hole punch you use just a few times a year really need to take up premium real estate on your desk or would it be better suited in a drawer?
- Here are some DIY ideas for quick and easy workspace organization:
- Are you always on the go and need a portable filing system? Use a dish drainer. Put pens and pencils in where the utensils would go and file folders where the dishes go. For a bit of “pizzazz” use decorative file folders.
- Use unused paint cans to create cubbies. Turn them on their side and line them up. It’s that simple!
- Toothbrush holders make a great holder for pens and pencils. Soup cans covered with nice paper work well too.
- Never quite sure how to organize all the business cards you have? First, categorize them by type of business. Next, clasp them together using a large binder clip and then pin each binder clip to a bulletin board. For even easier ease when trying to locate a particular business card, make sure the first “card” in the stack has a title of the category for the cards beneath it. Example – “Attorneys”.
- Don’t be excessive; know when good enough is good enough. You are not being judged for your neatness. Your goal is to create a workspace you feel good about and can be productive in.
- Take 5-10 minutes at the end of each day to tidy up your work area. You will automatically start the next day a bit less stressed because you’re walking into a neater space.
If you’d like help implementing some of these ideas or just need an extra pair of hands getting all the things done you need to do, that’s where we come in. We save people time so they can focus on what matters most. For information on all the services we offer, please give us a call. CHORES… make yours…OURS!