Now that summer is in full swing, we hope you are enjoying the fruits and veggies of the season, the shade and décor of your outdoor living space, and spending time with family and friends. Here are some ideas to help you enjoy your time at home this summer even more:
- Show off your stuff! Repurpose glass candy dishes, jars and trays that you have been collecting in a closet. Use them for bird food, flowers, fruit, beverages and more, to add color to your end tables or garden area.
- Homemade lemonade is a refreshing drink any way you serve it; try adding fresh mint, vodka, fresh limes, fresh tea, or just sugar. And, be sure to serve it over a full glass of ice!
- Filling a cooler with ice is a wonderful way to bring your refrigerator outdoors. If shaded, your cooler can last up to two days. Filling it with drinks and cut up fruit ensures a healthy way to stay hydrated on hot days.
- Do you have half-filled water bottles lying around? If so, put them in the freezer and when you’re heading out for the day just top them off with fresh water for an instantly cold drink on the go!
- Don’t feel like dealing with huge bowls for fruit? Try cutting off the top of the fruit (a watermelon is a good example), scoop out the fresh fruit, chop and cut as necessary, perhaps mix with other fruits, put the fruit back into the cavity of the rind and enjoy!
- Leave sunscreen out where you can see it. That will help remind you to reapply it regularly.
- Put up a clothesline. Hanging your sheets out to dry on hot days will help reduce energy use while freeing up your time since you won’t have to keep track of when the dryer is done. Plus, clothes, sheets and linens dried outside very often have a wonderful scent.
- If you’re looking to “connect” while enjoying time on your deck, patio, pool, etc.., make sure your WIFI connection is strong. If not, you may want to consider upgrading to a long range router or adding a second router to your home configuration.
- Bring your music outdoors. Listening to music can be very welcoming and relaxing. There are many devices on the market today that connect smartphones to wireless speakers which means listening to music outdoors is easier than ever.
We hope, through our three-part series, we’ve given you some simple tips and ideas on how to prep and enjoy your home for the spring and summer seasons. If you would like our help implementing any of these ideas, please give us a call at 732-20407388.
Your time living at the Jersey Shore should never be tied down with chores.
Make your chores...OURS!